For the third year, Saugatuck Center for the Arts is bringing the touring film festival Mountainfilm to Saugatuck—and this year is going to be better than ever. This documentary film festival showcases stories about environmental, cultural, climbing, political and social justice issues. The films are always beautiful, thought provoking and inspiring. This year, you can catch them amidst a number of fun events throughout Saugatuck and Douglas. Here’s everything you need to know about Mountainfilm.
Stay with Lakeshore Lodging on Mountainfilm weekend (March 22-24) and get a deal on tickets to the festival’s main events. Learn more here.
Mountainfilm Saugatuck takes place March 22 & 23, 2019
Here’s a taste of the events taking place throughout Saugatuck and Douglas over the two-day film festival. Purchase weekend passes and individual event tickets here. View the complete schedule with details here.
- 10 am – Mountainfilm HQ opens at Saugatuck Center for the Arts. Pick up your passes and tickets at the Mountainfilm Saugatuck headquarters and check out event artist Erica Lang‘s exhibition and Woosah pop-up shop.
- 6 pm – Cocktails, craft beers and appetizers at Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
- 7 pm – “The Medley”: Showing of a selection of Mountainfilm shorts.
- 9:30 pm – The official After Party. Enjoy live music, drinks and late-night food from local vendors.
- 10-11:30 am – Film screenings at Saugatuck Brewing Company and the Saugatuck Women’s Center. Enjoy a bloody mary bar at SBC and Uncommon Coffee Roasters coffee at the Women’s Center.
- 12-1 pm – Artist demo by Erica Lang from Woosah. See how Lang makes her signature wood cuts.
- 12-3 pm – Family programming at the Saugatuck-Douglas Library.
- 3-4:30 pm – More film screenings at Saugatuck Brewing Company and the Saugatuck Women’s Center. Visit each location early for happy hour specials.
- 6 pm – Cocktail hour at Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
- 7 pm – Feature film (TBD) at Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
There’s sure to be plenty more going on this March weekend in Saugatuck, so keep an eye out for Mountainfilm related announcements as the festival approaches. Secure your tickets and lodging now—this festival is sure to sell out quick.